Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stocks

The next day we did stocks: Fond de Veau (Veal), Fond de Volaille (Chicken), Fumet de Poisson (Fish), and Fond de Legumes (Vegetable).

The first two take two days because they take so long to cook. There's a lot of straining involved. Honestly, I was a little tired those days, so I spent more time socializing than paying attention to the process. I live in a studio with a small kitchen - the sink is the tiniest thing I have ever seen - so I didn't really feel motivated to learn about the straining and venting. I should have because it's important to learn, but I just wasn't feeling it.

Lessons learned:
Veal hurts my stomach. Oh, kitchen lesson? Some people are really competitive in the kitchen.
And Chef is single. And really cute. And Korean. Anybody want to be connected?

No comments: