Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lamb

Wednesday we did lamb. Teams again. I love lamb. It's so good. We learned all about the history of lamb in America, which of course was an hour lecture, again. I mentioned to my friends that I purposely wait to take a bathroom break until he's started talking, because otherwise, I can't stay awake while he talks. They said they've noticed. And that I eat a snack. And go get my water bottle. ha! It's the only way to not want to throttle him as he clearly enjoys his voice and laughs at his own jokes...

Anyway. We cut off the shank, each did the rack of lamb, and chop roasts. Here, I made a mistake - I thought we were supposed to debone the shank, but, nope, we were supposed to leave it in for roasting the next day. Rico took the blame to Chef, but I didn't want her to do that. She said she doesn't mind because he doesn't yell at her as much as he does me, but I didn't feel that was right. But she was right in some sense, because instead of yelling, he said we could just have his.

We saved the fat and extra meat for grinding - for gyros the next day...

Lessons learned:

Lamb smells. A lot. Someone told me that's just the smell that comes from gamey meats.

Oh, and I need to make a clarification on a description of Chef I had given at the beginning of this class. I've decided he's not so much a vegetarian, as someone who likes to complain or expound on how awful meat is treated... which, whatever, I'm not saying I agree with factory farming, but seriously, Chef, shut up already. You are only talking because you like your own voice, not because you have convinced us you actually care...

No comments: