Thursday, November 29, 2012

From back in February 2011, after the Great Blizzard


Since I last posted, I have:
My landlord cleaned this. Thanks!
Walked through an empty city after a blizzard, where many responsible employers allowed us an extra day off:


My street. Before they plowed.










Diversey Harbor. You can see the tow trucks on LSD in the background.

Otherwise known as Lake Shore Drive. On a normal day.
Dug my car out, but at least I wasn't on the street!

My garage. Under the building, but open. Clearly

Good thing I put those wipers up.

The back wheels were hiding... And the trunk too...

Glad I don't pay for 'covered' parking








Took me an hour to clean just around and on my car. 
Bribed my co-workers for doing their job with oatmeal raisin cookies:


 Made my own frozen berries:

Didn't have room in my freezer for a bigger tray. They came apart just fine!













Cooked and cooked:
Lasagna

Tofu. And yogurt. Because didn't measure the garlic chili sauce. Whoops!

The beginnings of Filipino Adobo Chicken

German pancake
 Spent a wonderful afternoon at HomeGoods and TJMaxx on my way home from the gym:
2 9-in cake pans, 3-piece mise en place bowls, orange teapot, turquoisebowl (sticker: "not for food"), marble,8x8 pan, Le Creuset: 10 1/4 rectangle & 9 1/4 square, 2 Bormioli Rocco glass storage jars: LOVE IT




Participated in Restaurant Week. Twice!

Cute bartender. Awesome Cocktails. before Visiting French Vietnam: grilled sesame beef, Chilean sea bass, mango sundae.
Laughing my butt off while drinking half a bottle of wine while trying the $33 prie fixe: actually liked the oysters (baked), ate half the chicken, and amazing ice cream with chocolate-espresso cake .
Will definitely go back here again, for a special occasion, otherwise a little out of my price range!




No comments: